We are almost one month far away from the kde4.3 release. Yesterday the 4.3 rc1 was tagged and due to excellent work of our colleagues in OBS we have it already.
Personally, I would have liked it to go a little bit further away in terms of usability, we will speak about that later. This release will mark the break with 3.5. I see no real reason for not using kde 4.3. All the functionality that people were crying after from 3.5 is finally up and running (a lot of time better) in KDE 4.3.
What more would you like then, people may ask.
I would like to be able to give a kde4 desktop to a secretary to use and to a teenager who is into Web2.0.
- a features consistent kontact, a kalendar that actually can be used in a real life environment, avoiding silly design inconsistencies like you can spell check your popup notes but you cannot do it for your notebooks entries.
- a kopete that actually supports video/audio features of protocols.
- a rock solid kblogger may help.
- a way to synchronize mobile devices.
and the last
- adding more work on making existing features working perfect rather than adding new ones.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.