AMD has released the new AMD Catalyst 15.7. My script replaces the existing packaging script with an updated packaging script. It supports up to Kernel 4.1. (Official support up to Kernel 3.19)
Important note: This driver supports also X-Server 1.17 on Tumbleweed. GNOME Desktopmanager (gdm) is working partially, so you need a workaround. Who has activated the automatic user login in GNOME and want to make a user change, they get a black screen on TTY-console and the login manager seems to be crashed. This issue can be solved when the automatic user login is disabled in GNOME.
For GNOME user with gdm: Execute the following command as root after the installation of the AMD driver and before restart the machine:
sh makerpm-amd-15.7.sh --install-gdm-fix
To revert the changes:
sh makerpm-amd-15.7.sh --uninstall-gdm-fix
- AMD PowerXpress support for laptops equipped with Intel 6th generation (Skylake) CPUs
- Linux Platform Atomics & SVM Fine Grain Buffer support for Carrizo APUs
- Multi-Device support for OpenCL 2.0
-  Segmentation fault observed while launching some OpenGL games in RHEL7.1
-  Error message observed during installation through rpm package in RHEL 6.5, 7.0
-  System hangs while running Dying Light
-  clinfo could not recognize up to four GPU devices
- : Vari-Bright on some configurations is not decreasing brightness as expected
Installation guide (English):
Bruno Friedmann will build the new RPM packages in the fglrx repository. Stay tune!
If you find any issue with the driver. Don’t hesitate to contact me. I am in contact with AMD and can forward your issue to the right place. Feedback are welcome.
A report of your system is very helpful beside your feedback. You can generate it with the script:
su -c 'sh makerpm-amd-15.7.sh -ur'
Have a lot of fun!
openSUSE member / Official AMD Packaging Script Maintainer for openSUSE
German Blog: openSUSE – proprietären Grafik-Treiber AMD Catalyst 15.7 als RPM installieren