AMD has released the new AMD Catalyst 15.9. My script replaces the existing packaging script with an updated packaging script. It supports up to Kernel 4.2. (Official support up to Kernel 3.19)
Important note: The first beta version of openSUSE Leap (future openSUSE 42.1) was released a few days ago. However, the AMD driver has not been adapted yet to the new upcoming openSUSE version. In the next days I will working on this and release a new update for this script.
Important note 2: After some experimentation with the GNOME Desktopmanager, unfortunately it does not work with the driver. Because actually something seems to be amiss. To this end, I will contact the AMD developers. As a workaround, I recommend for GNOME another Desktopmanager such as lightdm until the issue is fixed.
-  Driver installation sometimes fails on Ubuntu 14.04.3
-  Company of Heroes® 2 – Game crashes while running the performance test
-  Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor – Corruption observed in game
-  DIRT® Showdown – Corruption observed in game
-  DIRT® Showdown – Game crashes after the loading screen
-  DOTA™ 2 – Application hang observed while exiting the game
-  AMD Catalyst™ Installer removing EGL links resulting in Xserver/Xorg load failure
-  Unable to switch desktop mode after installing AMD Catalyst™ driver
-  Renaming Counter-Strike: GO and other Steam game binary improves performance
- : Vari-Bright on some configurations is not decreasing brightness as expected
Link: AMD Catalyst 15.9 Release Notes
Installation guide (English):
Bruno Friedmann will build the new RPM packages in the fglrx repository. Stay tune!
If you find any issue with the driver. Don’t hesitate to contact me. I am in contact with AMD and can forward your issue to the right place. Feedback are welcome.
A report of your system is very helpful beside your feedback. You can generate it with the script:
su -c 'sh makerpm-amd-15.9.sh -ur'
Have a lot of fun!
openSUSE member / Official AMD Packaging Script Maintainer for openSUSE
German Blog: openSUSE – proprietären Grafik-Treiber AMD Catalyst 15.9 als RPM installieren