I’m happy to announce first LibreOffice 3.5 packages for openSUSE. They are available in the Build Service LibreOffice:Unstable project. It provides many interesting features:
- better UI for header/footer handling
- multi-line input bar in Calc
- Import filter for Microsoft Visio documents
- enhanced custom shapes import
- modeless word count dialog
- improved font hinting for high quality docs
- more secure encryption algorithm (AES-256) for password protected files
- better displaying of non-printable characters on the end of line
- and much more
The openSUSE LO team hopes that you will be happy with this release. Though, any software contains bugs and we kindly ask you to report bugs. It will help us to fix them in the future releases.
Other information and plans:
The current LibreOffice-3.5 packages are based on the second bugfix release and should be pretty stable. I want to move them into the LibreOffice:Stable project within next two weeks. I just want to make sure that I did not do any mistake during packaging, e.g. breaking dependencies. Also the KDE4 integration need to be tested because it was not provided by the upstream build. Any feedback is welcome.