I’m happy to announce OpenOffice.org 3.2 beta1 packages for openSUSE. They are available in the Build Service OpenOffice:org:UNSTABLE project and include many upstream and Go-oo fixes. See also overview of integrated features and enhancements. Please, look for more details about the openSUSE OOo build on the wiki page.
The package is the first beta version and might include even serious bugs. Therefore they are not intended for data-critical usage. A good practice is to archive any important data before an use, …
As usual, we kindly ask any interested beta testers to try the package and report bugs. Especially, please test the three new extensions:
Most annoying bugs
- xls, xlsx import does not work (bnc#504623)
- find & replace dialog broken (bnc#552450)
- the new GDOCS extension adds icons that look ugly in the big size
- Go-oo-specific strings are not translated
- SLED10 build is not ready
- OpenOffice_org-voikko is not rebuilt for openSUSE-11.0
Other information and plans:
This build was delayed more than usual because we worked on OOo-3.1.1 packages for openSUSE-11.2. The next beta2 build should be available one week from now. The current plans are to provide the final build in the middle of December. Though, the release will most likely slip to January.