Home Home > 2010 > 02 > 12 > OpenOffice_org 3.2 final available for openSUSE
Sign up | Login

OpenOffice_org 3.2 final available for openSUSE

February 12th, 2010 by

I’m happy to announce OpenOffice.org 3.2 final packages for openSUSE. They are available in the Build Service OpenOffice:org:STABLE project and include many upstream and Go-oo improvements and fixes. Please, check the wiki page for more details about the openSUSE OOo build.

The openSUSE OOo team hopes that you will be happy with this release. Though, any software contains bugs and we kindly ask you to report them, so that we could fixed them in the future releases.

Other information and plans:

We have also updated the OpenOffice_org-LanguageTool extension to the version 1.0.

We are already working on the 3.2.1 release. I would like to put the first alpha build into the OpenOffice:org:UNSTABLE project within next few weeks.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

2 Responses to “OpenOffice_org 3.2 final available for openSUSE”

  1. RGB

    Working great! (1). Only one curious glitch: in Calc I used to change between “cell autofill” options with tab (this still works on Sun’s 3.2 build) but now on Novell build tab moves to the right cell. For example, if I have
    pepe
    pete
    on cells A1 and A2, and if I start typing “pe” in A3 “pepe” is suggested. On previous versions I could use tab to change the suggestion to “pete” but now tab moves the cursor to the right cell. I cannot find how to come back to the previous situation… Is there a way? As I said before, this is not an upstream change.

    (1) after uninstall the kde4 integration package and delete the /usr/lib64/ooo3/basis-link/program/libvclplug_kde4lx.so file as I did with 3.1.1, because there are still problems with the kde4 integration (yes, all of them reported ;)).

    • Petr Mladek

      I am sorry for the late reply. I do not understand why lizards.opensuse.org does not longer send me mails when a new comment appears 🙁

      The different behavior with autocomplete is expected. It tries to fix the upstream issue #18748. Feel free to report bug into the Novell bugzilla against the product OpenOffice.org if you do not like the new behavior. We might make it configurable.