I’m happy to announce LibreOffice 3.3 rc1 packages for openSUSE. They are available in the Build Service LibreOffice:Unstable project. They are based on the libreoffice-184.108.40.206 release. Please, look for more details about the openSUSE LibreOffice build on the wiki page.
The packages are based on release candidate sources but they have not passed full QA round yet and might include even serious bugs. Therefore they are not intended for data-critical usage. A good practice is to archive any important data before an use, …
As usual, we kindly ask any interested beta testers to try the package and report bugs against the product LibreOffice .
- unopkg crashes (bug #655912)
- shell wrappers are still ooffice, oowriter, …; we need to discuss the new wrapper names with other distros first
- some packages were not renamed, .e.g. OpenOffice_org-thesaurus, …; they are not built from the main LibO sources; we will do it later
- user configuration is stored into ~/.libreoffice/3-suse; we might try to share the directory ~/.libreoffice/3 after we fix the incompatible BerkleyDB; Well, we are not sure if it is enough and it is a good idea, so it will need some more testing
- GNOME quickstarter is started by default; you might disable it in Tools/Options/OpenOffice.org/Memory/Enable systray Quickstarter
- SLED10 build is not available; need more love
More known bugs
Other information and plans:
The package are based on LibreOffice-3.3-rc1 sources. There are still some openSUSE-specific bugs that needed to be fixed. I hope that they do not break the base function, though.
We expect that rc2 will be needed within next two weeks. We will try to fix more openSUSE-specific bugs in the meantime…
Both comments and pings are currently closed.