here’s a small summary of the 8th (coding) week. This week I spent
most of my time with rewriting the working copy code.
- added support to add and delete packages
- added some “abstractions” for the tracking file format:
currently packages and files are tracked in a xml file
- thought about the package update algorithm. Basically
it’ll work like this (verfy simplified version):
– perform update in a tmpdir (phase 1)
– if the tmp update finished, copy/rename all files to
the wc (phase 2)
If the update is interrupted in phase 1 the wc wasn’t touched
at all and nothing should be broken.
If the update is interrupted in phase 2 the wc is _inconsistent_
but a subsequent “update” call can resume the update and everything
should be consistent afterwards (in this case only files are
- implement update + commit algorithm
If everything works as expected most parts of working copy code
cleanup should be finished after this week.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.