After two or three weeks of coding (not mine mostly, but by Marcus and Dirk), a lot of good stuff has accumulated in the osc development tree. Time to release a new package. It is a particularly good moment because today the 1.0 release of the Build Service has been announced.
The list of changes is long, the NEWS file has it all. Overview:
- version 0.105
- easier usage of osc submitreq: It is less picky on commandline arguments, can be called in working copies or project directories, figures out which build service instance to use, and has improved output. Also, there is a osc submitreq delete action now (which only works if you have write permissions on the destination though)
- osc search: added option -i|–involved, to show in which projects/packages a developer is involved
- osc importsrcpkg: no signature check anymore
- osc linkpac: –revision option added.
- osc copypac: use the correct userid when copying to another api host
- osc build: double check the buildinfo for local builds.
- osc buildhist: change the output into a format which better matches actual RPM filenames.
- osc commit: give commit message tempfiles a “.diff” suffix, so syntax highlighting automatically works in capable editors
- don’t expand/unexpand if the working copy has local modifications – this is a workaround for #399247 but this way the working copy isn’t screwed up. Also, make sure no _linkerror files end up in working copies.
- better error reporting in a whole number of cases, especially printing out more available detail. For instance, osc meta now prints out a concrete text why something you submitted was not accepted.
Have a lot of fun with it.
And just a note, remember that it is very easy to write osc plugins in order to extend or alter the functionality! Here’s the documentation.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.