Dear Ladies and Gents,
version “3.0.6” of openSUSE-Enlightenment (SOAD project) is out:
GWDG mirror will be updated to the version “3.0.6” on Monday (next week).
Changelog from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 version
* new updated kernel (version 184.108.40.206_3.2)
* updated EFL/E to svn_r39423 (2009-03-09)
* updated OOo (version 220.127.116.11)
* fixed “Del” key operation in “xterm”
* fixed the segfault during the first login to Enlightenment-DR17
* improved “Wicd” init script
* added GTK+ “Unity” theme
* removed “atl1e” driver for “Attansic” LAN cards (found on the eeepc1000* mostly)
* following drivers are added: “rtl8187”, “rt73”, “rt61”, “r8101”, “r8168”
* improved list of a default installed repositories
* overall code/software/packages update to the current openSUSE-11.1 state
* some useful Wi-Fi utilities added along with the advanced documentation (Tutorials…) 🙂
* other misc. enhancements
In general – this version just works. The only disadvantage is that “LiveCD” version require 800M media (or a blank DVD-R/RW disk) and cannot be recorded to the standard 700M CD-R/RW. The absence of a “delta” images are due to the huge update of a packages – “delta” has no sense this time.
Btw, it looks like “Wicd” have a chance to be a default network configuration tool for KDE-4.3 (Dev. Team are constantly improving the package, that’s great!).
Huge thanks to Mikhail Kazakov for a help in preparation of this release version!
P.S. The curious persons are welcome to glimpse at the small “Detailed uncompressed LiveCD packages size” pdf file.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.