I’m happy to announce OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 alpha1 packages for openSUSE. They are available in the Build Service OpenOffice:org:UNSTABLE project, are based on the upstream 3.2 sources and include many Go-oo fixes and improvements. Please, look for more details about the openSUSE OOo build on the wiki page.
The packages are beta versions and might include even serious bugs. Therefore they are not intended for data-critical usage. A good practice is to archive any important data before an use, …
- toolbar popups refactoring
- media embedding (i#83753)
- support for dotted and dashed border
- improved writer document comparing
- “insert new sheet” tab in Calc (fate#308396)
- distributed text alignment support (fate#308334)
- insert current date/time via Ctrl-/Shift-Ctrl- (fate#307762)
- English function names instead of localized ones (fate#308029)
Other information and plans:
The alpha1 packages are not available for openSUSE Factory because I need to fix the build with the newer gcc first. I will look at it within next few days.
I expect that beta1 build will be available two weeks from now and the final release will in April. Though, it depends on the upstream release and the upstream schedule is still somehow unclear.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.