Today I tried to get a DVB-T card to work with a new antenna on a new 13.1 install.
I know it was working, because I ran it with 12.3 on this machine last year.
Model: “Hauppauge computer works WinTV HVR-1110”
Vendor: pci 0x1131 “Philips Semiconductors”
Device: pci 0x7133 “SAA7131/SAA7133/SAA7135 Video Broadcast Decoder”
So after plugging everything in, I started kaffeine, which still knew about all local channels, but could not tune.
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1110 gave the important hint that one needs a firmware file. After that was in /lib/firmware/dvb-fe-tda10046.fw and after a reboot, came the next try. kaffeine now would show 99% SNR, so a good signal and even know about what is currently on air, however picture remained black.
kaffeine hinted that it needs extra software, but could not find it, even though packman repos were available (annoying bug).
http://opensuse-community.org/ finally helped – I needed the libxine2-codecs package from the packman repo.
Now everything is working after less than an hour.