Royal Pingdom has issued an article about “Linux Distribution Popularity Across the Globe”. They have included eight common Linux distributions in their survey: Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora, Debian, Red Hat, Mandriva, Slackware and Gentoo and used Google Insights for Search, for determining the results.
Below is the summary from their results :
- Ubuntu is most popular in Italy and Cuba.
- OpenSUSE is most popular in Russia and the Czech Republic.
- Red Hat is most popular in Bangladesh and Nepal.
- Debian is most popular in Cuba.
- Cuba is in the top five (interest-wise) of three of the eight distributions in this survey.
- Indonesia is in the top five of four of the distributions.
- Russia and the Czech Republic are in the top five of five of the distributions.
- The United States is not in the top five of any of the distributions.
There is an interesting result, Rusia, Czech and Moldova beating Germany about openSUSE popularity 😉 . Oh, of course this is not complete survey, and it is not the weakness of openSUSE itself. In the other side, the survey show us that openSUSE gained much popularity in outside Germany.
Another interesting result, congratulation for Indonesian openSUSE Community, Indonesia is in top five (number #5 of 5) of openSUSE popularity in the world and Indonesian openSUSE Community contributed in the survey results to make Indonesia as top five of four of the distributions.
Please navigate to the survey results for another interesting results and detail statictics.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.