My mentor suggested to do a weekly meeting in order to discuss the current state of the project. I’m going to post a small summary after each meeting.
- build small rails test application in order to simulate a small environment to test the ruby libraries
- used the “restful_authentication” module because it is required by the rails plugin generator
The test application is more or less working and it’s already possible to get an access token.
- find more information and possible workarounds for the session fixation attack
- finish the test application
- find out which method’s from the “restful_authentication” module are required by the oauth rails plugin. The plan is to “fake” this methods so that the rails plugin can be used.
Additionally we talked a bit about authlogic – we decided that we won’t use authlogic for this project but it might be useful for the future.