I’ve had some problems in the past with openSUSE Factory and ATI support… even the normal radeon driver wasn’t worked properly. After the last updates, the radeon driver started working properly and I’ve decided to install the ATI FireGL driver which is actually something I need to continue testing and debug Unity implementation on openSUSE.
Here’s what you need (64 bit users):
* Install the required dependencies to compile the kernel module (currently on 2.6.37-rc5-12-desktop). 64bit users will require the following:
[code] zypper in kernel-source compat-32bit qt3-32bit libstdc++ libgcc xorg-x11-libs-32bit xorg-x11-devel-32bit Mesa-devel-32bit fontconfig-32bit expat-32bit freetype2-32bit zlib-32bit gcc make[/code].
* Download ATI FireGL driver (version 10.12) from ATI website (http://ati.amd.com).
* Extract the files using the command:
[code]sh ati-driver-installer-10-12-x86.x86_64.run –extract[/code]
This will create a small folder which starts with fglrx*. Change directory into that folder…
* Apply the patches (patch -p1 < file.patch).
* Run the following command:
[code]sh ati-installer.sh 8.801 –install[/code]
* Follow the installer instructions. Finally check /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log to check if everything is cool…
* Restart using your favorite method… mine is ‘shutdown now -frn’.
Enjoy FireGL on openSUSE Factory!
Both comments and pings are currently closed.